DTU Hovercraft Workshop
ABOUT RC HOVERCRAFT
Build your ultimate amphibious machine!
Hovercraft can be defined as a self-drive vehicle, dynamically holed by a self-created cushion of slow moving, elevated pressure air which is ejected against the surface below and contained within a flexible skirt such that it is totally amphibious and has some ability to travel over less than perfect surface.
The basic hovercraft types are military hovercrafts, commercial hovercrafts, rescue hovercrafts, recreational or sport hovercrafts and non-commercial research hovercrafts.
Introduction to air-cushion vehicles and basic components of a hovercraft as well as its working system
Mentoring for mechanical calculations and selection of raw materials and sub-components
Introduction to electrical components and their installation principles on the fabricated hovercraft
Learn about different hovering techniques of hovercrafts by test running your hovercrafts in land and water
The Hovercraft Making workshop of SDNx trains participants to design, fabricate and test run their own mini Radio-Controlled Hovercrafts. Scratch building a hovercraft will make them practically understand the principles of aerodynamics, electronics and instrumentation involved in design of a hovercraft. Participants will go through the following sessions to fabricate hovercraft of their own.
SESSIONS AT A GLANCE
- Fundamentals of aerodynamics
- Lecture on air-cushion vehicles and hovercraft
- Understand various components of a hovercraft
- Operations of a hovercraft through its basic systems
- Scratch building the hovercraft
- Understanding design algorithm of hovercraft
- Calculations for lift, thrust and propeller dimensions
- Preparing the structure ready for base and cover
- Learn to install electronic components on a hovercraft
- Brushless Motors, ESC, Servo Motors among others
- LIPO Battery and their specified requirements
- Functionalities of Transmitter & Receiver
- Efficiency escalation and analysis of the fabricated hovercrafts
- Range test of the RC Transmitter and test run of the hovercraft
- Discussion on fabrication faults in the hovercrafts (if any)
- Selection of best fabricated hovercraft among the participants
The Team Leader will have to first register online by filling all the team details using valid mobile no/email id.
Fill in the Registration Form including College and team member information.
Pay the requisite registration fees Rs. 1000/- only per participant
Download the e-receipt that you will get on your registered mail id.
Send the received receipt of the registration on email@example.com.
Lock your submission before the last date.
No changes will be allowed after Registration.
Fee: Rs. 1000/Member
Contact Details: -
Er. Rhea Upadhyay - +91 9718696925
Mr. Nitin: - +91 9140128758
(Core Team SDNx)