SDNx 2nd Inter College Rocket Competition
Involve yourself in bringing Innovation to rocket technology through one and only rocket competition in India, i.e. SDNx 2nd Inter College Rocket Competition.
What if, there will be no space left on EARTH to move your vehicle and only rocket will be left as the only medium of transportation?
Features of this Competition
The competition is in four phases. Phase one in is the application phase. Teams must submit an application and a 15000 INR competition fee that is non-refundable. The fee is used to offset the cost of materials. Applications must be submitted before APRIL 5, 2018. Phase two is the preliminary design. Teams are to develop designs, prototype, test concepts and generate a preliminary design review (PDR) slide package using the provided template by APRIL 15, 2018. Teams will submit PDR slides in only PDF format at the designated due date. Teams that do not meet the due date or do not submit in the proper PDF format will be dropped from the competition. A schedule will be made available on when to present a subset of the slides. Teams will have a half hour to discuss a subset of the PDR slides via telecon. Phase three is the critical design submission.
Frequently asked questions
Most frequent questions and answers
1. Who can participate in the competition?
Any Indian Engineering students pursuing UG or PG courses in either NIT / IIT / IISc or equivalent or from an institute recognized by AICTE/NAAC and led by an eligible Team Leader from the same college/ institute/ university.
2. Can the participation be individual or as a team only?
Participants can participate as a team only with total no. of members varying from 5 (minimum) to 15 (maximum) including team leader.
3. Will SDNx fund for making the models, transportation of models/prototype, conveyance of the participants?
No. All the participating teams will have to bear all the above expenses.
4. Is there any registration fee required?
Yes. Registration fee is Rs. 15000/- (Rs Fifteen Thousand Only) per team.
5. What is the prize money/award?
The first prize is Rs. 0.50 lakhs (Rs Fifty Thousand Only), second prize Rs. 30,000 (Rs Thirty Thousand Only), and the third prize is Rs. 20,000 (Rs Twenty Thousand Only).
6. Can a team withdraw the entry at any time?
Yes, any team can withdraw at any time during the entire event. But the registration fee will not be refunded in this case.
7. Can more than one team participate in 2nd ICRC from a college/institute/university?
Yes, more than one Team can participate from a college/ institute/ university but the team leader and team members should not overlap in case of multiple teams & should be distinct.
8. Can participants from other college/institute/university be in one team?
No, Multi- institute participation is not allowed.
9. What is the procedure to participate in 2nd ICRC?
Only Indian engineering students presently pursuing UG or PG and led by an eligible Team Leader can participate in 2nd ICRC.
- The Team Leader will have to first register online by filling all the team details using valid mobile no/email id.
- Fill in the Registration Form including College and team member information.
- Pay the requisite registration fees Rs. 15000/- only per team.
- Download the e-receipt that you will get on your registered mail id.
- Send the received receipt of the registration on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lock your submission before the last date.
- No changes will be allowed after Registration.
10. Can we come as an audience to see the exhibition, and what is the registration fees for this?
Yes, you can come as an audience, but you have to pay Rs. 500/- as a registration fees for this.
Important Instructions for the participants:
- A team can have maximum 15 participants but only 5 team members are allowed at the competition site.
- The registration fees will include:
- 2 Day Accommodation
- 2 Day Fooding
- The propellent cost